Creating a cohesive team is often one of the most challenging obstacles companies face. While a large variety of team building experiences are offered today, a memorable experience that fosters engagement, motivation and performance is often hard to find. Along with the fact that employees should feel rewarded for their hard work during a team building event, there are plenty of reasons why it is important to a business, including the bottom line.
Team building fosters collaboration.
- It can boost creativity and innovation.
- Allows employees to understand the strengths, weaknesses and interests of coworkers.
- Your employees’ hard work should be both recognized and rewarded.
It boosts performance.
- Put simply, team building helps people work better together. Once they bond on an intimate level, you may see an increase in productivity.
- Employees may be more driven.
So, how do you team build successfully?
1. It shouldn’t feel like a regular day at the office. It’s ideal to go offsite for team building, which helps people to get out of the daily routine and interact openly. Select a location that will be memorable and exciting for employees.
2. Schedule during working hours. Employees shouldn’t feel like they need to spend after hours’ time or a weekend attending a mandatory work event.
3. There needs to be an experience that brings people closer together. Activities can help employees collaborate and develop trust. At Regale, we offer a number of out-of-the-box options, like blind tasting, cork engineering and wine trivia (just to name a few).
4. Make it functional for everyone. Not every person on the team wants to do a relay race or scavenger hunt. Having options is a great way to accommodate everyone on the team. Regale provides a number of activities and packages to make sure all employees are engaged and comfortable.
5. Set expectations. The goal of the team building activity needs to be clear for employees. Communicate the intent of the event. Whether it is integrating different teams in the office, increasing communication among employees, or building relationships, results are more likely to be implemented if the team goes into the experience with a goal in mind.
6. Get feedback. Be sure to get a pulse for how receptive employees were to the team building activity (we like using SurveyMonkey, which allows employees to submit feedback anonymously). You should also thank everyone for their participation.
Here at Regale, we provide a team building experience that is one of the most involved and entertaining in the wine industry. All team members feel at ease with our event planning team handling every last detail, from time management to the setup and structure of activities.
With an expanding list of packages to choose from, employees can bond over grape stomping, blind tasting, or our sports package, among other extensive options. We take pride in finding catering partners that provide interactive culinary experiences and elite service.